Step 1 has been completed to become an Irish citizen.
The form is away. Now we wait.
Cost incurred so far €233.70
- Certified translation of birth certificate €32.70
- Passport pictures €6
- Solicitors fee for statutory declaration €20
- Non-refundable application fee €175
What it involved:
Filling out a 16-page form listing my addresses and employment in the last 9 years. Stating that I’m not a terrorist or have ever been involved in any crimes like genocide. Details on my family.
- Making a lot copies: bank statements, utility bills covering a period of 5 years, payslips and identification documentation.
- Requesting written confirmation from my employer that I effectively work there.
- A visit to a solicitor for completing the statutory declaration and making a certified copy of my ID-card.
- Asking 3 Irish citizens to act as a reference for me (thanks Col, SMC & Catherine).